Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Saga of Warrior Custom Golf

This is my personal experience with Warrior Custom Golf. This is not a golf story, its a story about a very satisfied customer who participated in the Warrior Custom Golf Test Play Program. A program that benefits any golfer looking to improve their game; its hard to find a single complaint about the Warrior Custom Golf Test Play Program.

This past January I called into Warrior Custom Golf after I received a post card in the mail offering me a free hybrid golf club from Warrior Custom Golf. Since Warrior Golf was sending me a free Warrior hybrid (Retail $249), I agreed to test play a set of golf clubs. After explaining the deal, they’d send me a set of irons that were comparable to the Calloway X-22 irons (Retail $1200) for a 45 day test. They informed me that they would charge my credit card for the wholesale price of $499 while I tested the clubs and would refund it when I sent them back. I could keep them for the $499. Although I was hesitant about spending $500 on clubs I haven't even seen, if these clubs were as good as the sales rep was telling me, it would definitely be worth it; so I took a chance. For doing the test play, the sales rep also offered to send me a new 60 degree lob wedge for free along with the free hybrid. I tested the irons on several rounds of golf and several trips to the driving range. I shaved 4 strokes off my game so I obviously decided to keep the clubs. In fact, each was about 15 yards longer than the corresponding Prince clubs I had been using. When the sales rep called me to follow up after the evaluation of the clubs I told him how pleased I was and offered me a new set of matching woods that I could not resist. About a week after I received my new fairway woods, I called Warrior to give them an evaluation of the clubs and to find out how to get headcovers. I talked to Valerie. She took great care of me sending me not only these great magnetic head covers but $150 worth of other Warrior Golf products of my choice. I had read some complaints about the amount of time it took people to get their clubs since they are custom built, but I received all three shipments in realistic amount of time, considering the clubs are custom built. I am sure the time of year you order the clubs has a lot to do with it too. Today, I called WCG customer service to find out how to sign up for one of their annual charity events. Warrior Golf does not only produce great quality clubs at affordable prices, but their charity work is something that any Warrior Customer should be proud of, and I am glad that I took a chance on Warrior Custom Golf. By the way, my drive has increased 30 yards with the new Warrior driver. For anyone wishing to buy or test golf clubs, I recommend Warrior Custom Golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment